Follow

Monday, February 8, 2016

It's all in the Sleeves


Sew What? This is What....I'm sewing and this is my first blog post. Yay!!

Burda Split Seam Tunic 11/2015/109B

http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/split-seam-tunic-112015

This tunic may be all about the Split Seam that goes all the way up to the high hip, but it's also about the sleeves, I think.


I did not think about the length of the sleeves until I was at the trying on stage only to discover they were about 2 inches to long. In hindsight, I should have shortened the sleeve pattern before I cut the darn sleeve out. There's always something to think about when sewing. 


Here we go...on the mannequin



I used a lovely wool jersey from Fabric Mart that I purchased a couple of years ago when buying online from the US was affordable. I recently stopped doing that and really miss receiving my little fabric packages in my mail. In this town, we are sorely lacking in choices for fabric shopping.



This was a fairly straight forward sew. The pattern was originally designed for a woven but I changed some methods to accommodate the knit.
Here is the line drawing from the BurdaStyle website



This is what happens when Mr. SW steps in and takes a turn at the camera. Thank you for reading and  I look forward to posting again shortly.




No comments:

Post a Comment