Follow

Thursday, March 24, 2016

New York Chic or Church Choir Gown

In home sewing there is a fine line between it's 'OK to wear' and 'really? your wearing that?' It's always something I feel quite conscious of.   When I get an idea in my mind it doesn't always translate well into every day wear. That's where this Wide Sleeve Boyfriend Blouse - Burda 02/2015/113 sits with me. The construction was relatively straight forward with little fitting needs required. I sewed the smallest size Burda had available and there continues to be plenty of room.




In the midst of sewing the pleats in this black 100% cotton voile, I started to think about how this reminded me of the church choir gowns of my youth and that's when I started to question my choice of colour for this make. Burda made this in white as a nod to the classic white shirt with a twist.





So, I am going to take a cue from the younger people in my life and treat this blouse as a nod to New York Chic and put a little swagger in my step when I wear this.




After all, some of the fun of sewing, is creating garments that are outside of what I would normally buy in the store. 

Thank you for reading and spending a little time in my sewing corner.




No comments:

Post a Comment