Follow

Monday, March 21, 2016

3 Day Retreat with Ron Collins

Sewing well fitting pants have always been an elusive endeavour for me. I have made a couple of attempts these past years since returning to garment sewing, but have had no real success with the fit. I'm not one of these people that will spend a long time perfecting a pattern.  So, enter the 3 day sewing retreat with Ron Collins at our local Snip and Stitch store. 

SIGN ME UP - EL PRONTO! Ron Collins is a sewing instructor celebrity here in Canada and comes to Nanaimo and few times a year to teach. There is always a wait list and this time I was lucky enough to take an advantage of a cancelation. 


Burda 08/2012/138





Yes, I was going to spend three days sewing up these men's wear inspired Bermuda Shorts. There were 8 of us in the class. A nice number to receive individual attention to sew any pattern of your choice.



Ron teaching style is relaxed, informative and detailed. He helped me with fitting the muslin and through out the weekend I learned many new tips and tricks. It was a wonderful weekend of sewing and sharing.




The Bermudas were made from a Polyester/Viscose/Spandex blend from Fabricland. They are comfortable and I'm so pleased I finally made a pant that I will certainly wear. 





Thank you for stopping by.






No comments:

Post a Comment