Follow

Thursday, March 31, 2016

A Little Lime in my Coat

Burda Oversized Coat 08/2014/128

I just want to start by saying I "love, love" this coat. It's so fun to wear, mostly because of the colour. 








In sewing this I omitted the back pleat. In my eyes, it looked awkward: to large and to long. I also wanted a closer fit through the back and omitting the back pleat achieved this look. I also took 4 inches off the length. Other than, that it was a pretty straight forward sew as far as coats go. The coat is not overly structured so I kept it that way.



There are couple of firsts here for me. I made bound buttonholes for the first time. Yes, I did! Some of the motivation was because my sewing machine isn't always cooperative when it comes to making nice buttonholes in thick fabric. I feel I can get away with the odd flaw when the fabric is dark or has a pattern but with this pastel green I didn't want to take the chance of glaring errors. 







The other first is the colour. I have never had a coat in a such light colour, but the fun of sewing, is that I will often sew garments that I may not necessarily purchase. Although this is fun to wear, I am very conscious of the fact that this can look dirty in a nano second! 

Until next time, thank you for visiting. 




No comments:

Post a Comment